Can creating a new brand possibly be that easy? Well, recently we proved that from a nameless product, we launched a full-fledged brand with identity, website, endorsement and a market for it!
1. Naming a new product is crucial to branding. Check all the abbreviations, connotations and associations, before registering a name.
2. The importance of graphics cannot be stressed enough and are key to good branding. Nobody wants to buy a product that doesn’t visually appeal to them; let alone a beauty or health item. Graphics need to be consistent and reflect your product’s image on every piece of material.
3. Create a website. This will be the heart for your brand, a go-to place for anyone needing information, pricing, availability and shipping details. The style of website will be consistent with the brand’s identity and graphics.
4. Social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook need to feed back to the website and again must reflect the identity of your brand. The content posted needs to be relevant, informative and interesting to your market.
5. If you can find a personality to endorse the brand or if you can align with a cause or organisation, your brand will receive greater integrity and kudos. If this is not possible, try to find a specific marketplace where you can promote your product. This could be via an event, through sponsorship, or at an expo or trade fair.