If you are struggling with the frustrations this crazy, challenging weather has been throwing up at us lately, consider the following. A lot can be accomplished without the need to rush around from meeting to meeting, not to mention getting drenched in the process. How lucky are we to have access to the world in the comfort of our homes or offices? Power permitting, of course!
- Rethink your target end user. Who really is buying or wants to buy your product? So often we filter this knowledge with our own value system, so maybe it’s a good time to look at your customer with fresh, objective eyes.
- Follow up all leads and outstanding messages. Let no prospect remain unanswered.
- Clear the inbox, get rid of flagged items, file important messages and empty the trash. You will feel so much better after a good clean out.
- Promote from your desk. Get inspired! Send out a newsletter, blog, post, tweet – whatever your customer gets turned on by. Just do it!
- A few sets of push ups to keep warm and get the blood pumping.
- Keep visiting the fridge.
- Divert to a sneaky episode of Game of Thrones or funny YouTube you have been meaning to watch (unless it’s lunchtime and you deserve a break).
- Get stuck on social media, spending unnecessary hours, liking pictures of people’s dogs.
- Hanker for a better day. Carpe Diem! Now is the time, use it wisely and enjoy the luxury of more time to do, what really needs doing.
- Take a nap.